Thursday, February 20, 2020

My Favorite Stories


My Favorite Books



These books are listed in the order of my personal preference. They are my choices as favorite books I have written over the years. I also include the reasons for my choices. Often the stories are based on real events rather than just made-up stories.

All of these stories, as well as my other twenty stories, are available on 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Paul+R.+Meredith&i=stripbooks&ref=nb_sb_noss


Some of them are available as softcover editions while most are in e-book format.


Kenyan Sunset – this story surprised me as it developed in my mind. I honestly never knew I had the creative ability to cover such a huge set of sub-plots in order to get to the main theme of the story. I had great admiration for my ability to write such a commanding and consuming story.


The Virginia Yankee – This story was actually my 26th novel, but it jumped up near the top of my list of favorites because it was inspired by my love of all things concerning the great American Civil War. While there is ample Civil War detail in the story, there is another story, a story that I believe is one of the best romantic sequences I have ever written.


Olive’s Angels – this story was inspired by my mother’s Christian faith and her love for angels. One of my sisters opened a store specializing in angels and angel paraphernalia in honor of Mom. As the idea to write this story developed, I sought stories from real people who had angel encounters. I dove into the bible to learn all I could about angels. 


His Soul Mate – This was my very first novel I was able to get in print. It was inspired by my oldest daughter’s battle with breast cancer. The story is essentially a touchingly tender love story with a real-life ending. 


An Iowa Blessing – I loved writing this story because it was based loosely on a love affair between two people I vaguely knew. I took some liberties with the story to ensure it had a better ending than the real story, but it nevertheless captures the essence of what I wanted to say. I lived in Iowa for several years and some of my children and grandchildren still call Iowa home.


The Love Wish – I had to include this story as one of my most favorites because it tells such a tender story of second love. This love story again is loosely based on a real event that I was close to, an event that held great happiness for two people for several years…until real life kicked in and ended as many stories do. I lived in Iowa and Illinois, the Midwest settings for this story. Even though this story doesn’t end all gushy, I hope the reader will pick it up and be enthralled as most people who read it have been. It is totally consuming as it unfolds. 

It is my hope you will download or order one or more of my twenty-six stories and enjoy reading them as much as I did writing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment