Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The End of Hope

This story is about the life of my beautiful wife Sandra Lee Meredith. She died June 11, 2017, but her legacy lives on through me, through all her children whether biological or through marriage, and all the grandchildren of the union with her husband Paul (me).

I wrote this story because I did not want her to be forgotten after I am gone. I am nearing 83 now, so my time here is measured. I want all our children and grandchildren to know what a terrific human being Sandra Lee was for her entire life. Not only was she a good woman, but a wonderful Christian woman to boot.

This story is quite different from any of my previous twenty-one stories, primarily because it is a true story, even though it begins with a fictional opening. And yes, there are a few places where details are not completely accurate due to lack of memory or other causes, but in overall content, it is a good accounting of much of Sandra's life. But of course it is only the shell of her life because there are way too many intimate details that are no longer available to me. I also fictionalized names and places to protect those who could be offended if they were named.

Sandra's life was remarkable for a lot of reasons, none more important than the medical hurdles she faced during the run of her entire life from early childhood right up to the very end. One of her most frustrating battles was with the multiple sclerosis she suffered from mid-life forward, along with the terrible migraine headaches she suffered from the age of nine. She suffered from three distinct primary cancers, plus she had over forty known surgeries including a life-saving one at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. But rather than focus on the medical negatives of her life, please read the story to see the positive affect she had on all who were fortunate enough to know the real her, the Sandra Lee Meredith I knew and loved for thirty years until her death. This is that story:

THE END OF HOPE, a new Meredith medical romance story that will keep you in the story to the very end. It is at Amazon Kindle:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=paul%20r.%20meredith


This is my wife Sandra
Sandra Lee Meredith
June 5, 1943 - June 11, 2017

Please keep in mind that above all else, this a real romance story that actually happened between two very real people, and it never even began until both were in their middle ages.


No comments:

Post a Comment